Permatex 81160 High-Temp Red RTV Silicone Gasket, 3 oz
- Permatex High-Temp Red RTV Silicone Gasket Maker is formulated for high temperature applications or heavy-duty use such as towing. It replaces almost any cut gasket by making reliable 'formed-in-place' gaskets that resist cracking, shrinking and migrating caused by thermal cycling. Coats pre-cut gaskets to increase reliability. Resists auto and shop fluids, with a temperature range of -65 degrees fahrenheit to 650 degrees fahrenheit intermittent. A first generation 1970-1980 gasket maker, it is OEM specified. Permatex offers significant performance advantages which include outstanding oil resistance, excellent torque retention and hi-temp, sensor-safe properties. Extended warranties, engine sensors and new component materials such as aluminum, bi-metal alloys and high-tech plastics, have created the need for superior RTV silicone gasket makers in both OEM production and service applications. Permatex always has the right gasket maker for your application.
- Permatex High-Temp Red RTV Silicone Gasket Maker is formulated for high-temp applications and heavy-duty use, such as towing. Temperature Range: -65°F to 650°F (-54°C to 343°C) intermittent.
- When using a cut gasket, Permatex High Temp Red RTV Silicone can be used to coat the pre-cut gasket to increase reliability. OEM specified.
- This single component, RTV gasketing compound cures on exposure to moisture in the air to form a tough, flexible, silicone rubber gasket. Permatex High Temp Red replaces almost any cut gasket by making reliable 'formed-in-place' gaskets that resist cracking, shrinking and migrating caused by thermal cycling.
- Directions for Use: 1- For best results, surfaces should be clean and dry. 2- Cut nozzle and apply a continuous 1/16” to ¼” (2 to 6mm) bead of silicone to one surface, surrounding all bolt holes. Assemble parts immediately while silicone is still wet. Finger tighten until material begins to squeeze out around flange. 3- Let dry for one hour then tighten to torque specifications. 4- Allow 24 hours to fully cure before filling with fluids or returning to service. 5- Replace cap after use.
- Note: Not recommended for use on head gaskets or parts in contact with gasoline.