Keep interior wood projects looking beautiful with Minwax Polycrylic Protective Finish. This crystal clear protective finish protects and adds beauty to woodwork, furniture, and more. The clear top coat protects against scratches, scuffs and blemishes to protect the wood surface beneath. This clear sealer dries crystal clear and stays crystal clear, making it ideal for use over all Minwax Oil-Based and Water-Based Stains and colors, as well as all wood species including light woods like maple, ash and birch. The ultra-fast-drying protective coating allows for quick recoats after 2 hours. It’s also easy to clean-up the clear wood finish with just soap and water. This protective wood top coat not only protects the natural beauty of the wood, but offers a shiny, sleek sheen for a bright, modern look. It’s also non-yellowing, non-ambering and low odor. Note: Minwax Polycrylic Protective Wood Finish may appear milky upon opening, but applies and dries to a crystal clear protective finish that lasts. Application:
1. Surface must be dry and free of wax, grease, polish, any foreign matter or old finishes in poor condition.
2. Sand to a smooth, uniform surface. DO NOT USE STEEL WOOL. Remove dust with a damp cloth. Let dry completely.
3. If desired, apply stain such as Minwax Water Based Wood Stain or Minwax Wood Finish stain to bare wood surfaces following label directions. Wait at least 24 hours before applying Polycrylic Finish over Minwax Wood Finish Stain. Can also be applied to bare wood.
4. Stir well before and regularly during use. DO NOT SHAKE.
5. Apply a thin coat of Polycrylic Finish with a high-quality synthetic bristle brush. Apply in one direction with the grain. Do not over-brush.
6. Let dry at least 2 hours then sand with very fine sandpaper (220 grit) to ensure an even finish and proper adhesion of additional coats. Do not use steel wool. Remove all dust.
7. Apply a second coat. For additional coats, repeat Step 6 before applying. Three coats are recommended.
8. After final coat, allow 3 hours before light handling and 24 hours before normal use.